HRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, establishes an endowment and assembles a board of trustees.
Members of the board comprise of:
- HRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, Chairman of Kingdom Holding Company.
- HRH Prince Khaled Bin Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud.
- HRH Princess Reem Bint Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud.
- Ms. Nada AlSugair, Executive Director of Finance and Administration of HRH’s Private Office.
- Dr. Waleed Arab Hashem, Former member of the Shura council and doctor of economics at King Abdulaziz University.
- Eng. Talal Almiman, Executive Director for Development and Domestic Investments, KHC.
- Mr. Fahad Alsukait, CEO, Media Sector and Chairman of Alarab News Channel.
- Dr. Sheikh Ali AlNashwan, Religious Advisor to HRH
- Mrs. Abir Kaki, Secretary General of Alwaleed Philanthropies
- Mohamed Fahmy Solaiman, KHC’s CFO.
- Ms. Heba J. Fatani, Senior Executive Manager, Corporate Communications, KHC.
- Mr. Fahad Bin Saad Bin Nafel, Executive Assistant to HRH the chairman.
HRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud:
HRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, a member of the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia, is a businessperson and philanthropist. He is the man and vision behind one of the world’s most successful international holding companies, Kingdom Holding Company (KHC) which was founded in 1980 and in which he holds 95% stake. KHC is a publicly traded company, which was listed on the Tadawul (Saudi Stock Exchange) in 2007.
Prince Alwaleed was born in 1955, he is the grandson of two remarkable, and in some ways legendary, historical figures, King Abdulaziz Alsaud, founder and first ruler of Saudi Arabia, and Riad El Solh, an iconic statesman in Lebanon’s drive for independence and its first Prime Minister. He received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, magna cum laude, from Menlo College in California in l979, and his Masters in Social Sciences with Honors from Syracuse University in New York in 1985.
Prince Alwaleed also chairs the Alwaleed Philanthropies (AP), which are involved in a wide spectrum of humanitarian and philanthropic activities in 92 countries. The AP support and initiate projects around the world, regardless of gender, race or religion. Furthermore, the #AP collaborate with a range of philanthropic, government and educational organizations to combat poverty, empower women and the youth, develop communities, provide disaster relief and create cultural understanding through education. The Alwaleed Philanthropies also build bridges for a more compassionate world.
In recognition of his business and civic accomplishments, Prince Alwaleed has been the recipient of numerous honors and accolades from many organizations, societies, monarchs and heads of state. The citations accompanying these honors particularly point to his financial contributions to education, international understanding, coexistence, and his philanthropic work.