HRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, Chairman of Kingdom Holding Company (KHC), was awarded a “Master Honoris Causa” in International Business MIB from EENI Global Business School, Spain. The honorary degree was awarded to the Prince by Mr. Pedro Nonell, General Director of EENI. HRH was honored for his significant influence on economic and social development, in addition to his support for cultural studies. This is the 23rd honorary degree that HRH has thus far received.
The ceremony took place in the presence of HH Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel, Vice Chairwoman and Secretary General of Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation that is chaired by HRH, Dr. Nahla Nasser Alanbar, Private Executive Assistant to HRH the Chairman and Dr. Khalid Almansour, Advisor to HRH. The ceremony was also attended by HE Mr. Xavier Villamayor, Vice Mayor of Tarragona’s City Council, Mrs. Susana Fernandez, Director of International Relations at EENI, Mrs Nuria Bosch, Director of Human Resources at EENI and Mrs. Maria Aparicio, Academic Director of International Tenders Area at EENI.
In 2012, Prince Alwaleed received at his office in Riyadh, His Excellency the Spanish Ambassador to Saudi Arabia. The meeting was also attended by Ms. Heba Fatani, Senior Executive Manager, Corporate Communications Department. The meeting began as the Ambassador thanked the Prince for giving him the opportunity to meet with him. The Ambassador handed Prince Alwaleed a letter from His Majesty King Juan Carlos of Spain. In response, Prince Alwaleed handed the Ambassador a thank you letter to His Majesty King Juan Carlos of Spain. The meeting was concluded with Prince Alwaleed referring to the long and warm established relationship between Saudi Arabia and Spain especially since they shared a common history. In addition, the Prince asked the Ambassador to relay cordial regards to HM King Juan Carlos.
In 2011, HRH Prince Alwaleed visited Spain and met with His Majesty King Juan Carlos of Spain. In 2007, HRH received at his office in Riyadh, Princess Corina Zu Sayn-Wittgenstein, Representative of the HM King Juan Carlos of Spain and hosted a luncheon in honor of his guest at Kingdom Resort. In April 2006, Princess Corina accompanied King Carlos and a Spanish delegation to Saudi Arabia on an Official State visit as Strategic Advisor to the delegation. Prince Alwaleed’s investments in Spain through KHC include Citigroup.
HRH’s Honorary Degrees:
- 1992 Doctorate of Humane Letters, honoris causa, University of New Haven.
- 1998 Doctorate in Business Management, Kyungwon University in Seoul, Korea.
- 1999 Doctorate in Law, Syracuse University.
- 2002 Doctorate in Law, Exeter University.
- 2002 Doctorate in Law, American University in Cairo.
- 2004 Doctorate in Humanities, AlAqsa University in Gaza.
- 2004 Doctorate of Letters, honoris causa, University for Development Studies in Ghana.
- 2005 Honorary Doctorate of Letters, The Islamic University of Uganda,
- 2007 Honorary Doctorate, The University of the 7th of November at Carthage in Tunis.
- 2007 Honorary Doctorate of Business Administration with Distinction from the International Islamic University in Malaysia.
- 2007 Honorary Doctorate of Laws from the International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance in Malaysia.
- 2008 Honorary Doctorate of Business Administration from the Commission on Higher Education Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao & Wisdom International School for Higher Education Studies in Philippines.
- 2008 Honorary Doctorate of Commercial Sciences -The St. John’s University,New York
- 2008 Honorary Doctorate of Management Science - Brawijaya University- Indonesia.
- 2009 Honorary Doctorate, honoris causa, from Thracian University in Bulgaria.
- 2009 Honorary Doctorate, honoris causa, from Madagascar University in Antananarivo.
- 2009 Honorary Doctorate, honoris causa,-Bangui University in Republic of Central Africa.
- 2010 Honorary Doctorate, honoris causa, from Edinburgh University in Scotland, 2010. Received from the Chancellor ,Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
- 2010 Honorary Doctorate of Science, honoris causa-Sarajevo School of Science and Technology, Bsonia & Herzegovina.
- 2010 Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters-the Lebanese American University–LAU, Lebanon .
- 2011 Honorary doctorate in literature from the University of Khartoum.
- 2011 Honorary doctorate in Law, honoris causa -the University of Monash – Australia.