HRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud Chairman of Kingdom Holding Company (KHC) visited Ramallah, #Palestine, on Tuesday 4th March, 2014 and met with HE. Mr. Mahmoud Abbas, President of the State of Palestine.
The Prince was accompanied by a delegation from HRH’s Private Office that included Dr. Sheikh Ali Al Nashwan, Religious Advisor to HRH the Chairman, Dr. Nahla Nasser Alanbar, Private Executive Assistant to HRH the chairman, Ms. Hassna Alturki, Department Head Travel & External Affairs, Mr. Hani Agha, Senior Manager Travel & External Affairs and Mr. Fahad Bin Saad Bin Nafel, Executive Assistant to HRH the Chairman.
The delegation from KHC included Ms. Heba Fatani, Senior Executive Manager, Corporate Communications Department
The delegation from Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation consisted of Ms. Abir Kaki, Secretary General and Ms. Nauf Al Rawaf, Executive Manager, International Projects.
Prince Alwaleed was received by Dr. Muhammad Mustafa, Deputy Prime Minister and Chairman of Palestine Investment Fund. During his visit, Prince Alwaleed paid his respects at Yasser Arafat’s gravesite.
Moreover, Prince Alwaleed met with President Abbas at the Presidential Palace, where His Excellency bestowed upon HRH the “The Medal of Honor” the highest honor granted in the State of Palestine. Also, President Abbas hosted a luncheon in honor of Prince Alwaleed. Furthermore, the two discussed the economic status and development in Palestine also the suffering of the Palestinian people. In addition, HRH met with Palestinian businessmen at the Mövenpick Ramallah Hotel and discussed projects in Ramallah.
HRH expressed his continuous support to the people in need in Palestine. In conclusion, Prince Alwaleed thanked the President for the warm hospitality.
In 2013, Prince Alwaleed received at his office in Riyadh HE Eng. Walid Assaf, Minister of Agriculture of the State of Palestine and an accompanying delegation that included Dr. Nasser Aljaghoub, Under Secretary of Palestine’s Agriculture Ministry. In 2011, Prince Alwaleed received Mr. Abdulraheem Mahmoud Jamoos, Member of Palestinian National Council.
Prince Alwaleed maintains strong economic ties with Palestine through his investments. In 2011, Mövenpick Ramallah Hotel in Palestine was opened. Kingdom Holding Company owns a 33.3% stake in Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts that manages the Mövenpick Ramallah Hotel.
In 2000, Prince Alwaleed was awarded “The Bethlehem 2000 Medal” by Palestinian Authority President for his continuous support to the Palestinian cause.
Prince Alwaleed also maintains strong relations with Palestine through his humanitarian support through Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation-Global. Prince Alwaleed had made many contributions to Palestine, that include:
- Renovation of Al Omari Mosque
- 1996, Support for projects in Jerusalem
- 1998, Donation to the Right to Live Society for the Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Down Syndrome (Gaza)
- 2000, Donation to provide salaries for Palestinian workers
- 2002, Donation of clothes to Palestinians
- 2002, The purchase of 100 cars to help Palestinians
- 2002, Support for some of the wounded Palestinians
- 2003, Support for the Palestine Center for Human Perseverance (Fata)
- 2003, Provided assistance to the Palestinian Embassy in the Kingdom for the purchase of their headquarters in Jeddah
- 2004, Donation to help pay rent for the Embassy
- 2004, Support for Al Quds University
- 2005, Support for The Carter Center to assess the credibility and conduct of the pre-electoral period and election day, examine problem areas and offer recommendations for reforms to support the democratic processes in the Palestinian Territories
- 2007, Donation to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) for the Medical Training Program
- Palestinian Aid
- 2007, Support for the Right to Live Society's Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Down Syndrome
- 2008, Donation to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and UNRWA during the Gaza crisis of 2008
- 2008, Emergency support for 41 families affected by the flash floods in Gaza through UNRWA
- 2008, Assistance to the people of Gaza through HRH Prince Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud
- 2009, Response to King Abdullah's campaign to assist the people of Gaza
- 2011, Support for a Saudi female to climb Mount Kilimanjaro benefitting the Palestinian Children Relief Fund
- 2013, WAMY for Gaza rapid aid
- 2013, OIC for Gaza rapid aid
- 2013, Covering part of the operational cost for Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Down Syndrome in Gaza Strip for five years
- 1998, Presented the Palestinian Airlines with a Boeing 727