Committed to fostering understanding across cultures, promoting dialogue, and building stronger bridges among religions, Alwaleed Philanthropies has established a number of prestigious academic centers worldwide.
Between 2003 and 2008, the foundation partnered with leading global universities to launch six academic centers that effectively help bridge the gap between the Islamic world and the West. The centers are:
- Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding at Georgetown University
- The Alwaleed Bin Talal Islamic Studies Program at Harvard University
- The Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for the Study of Islam in the Contemporary World at Edinburgh University
- Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Islamic Studies at the University of Cambridge
- Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for American Studies and Research – American University of Beirut
- Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for American Studies and Research – American University in Cairo.
In the US and Europe, the centers focus on Islamic civilization studies, while those in the Arab world focus on American Studies.